Articles about the Contest
The contest committee and judges occasionally publish articles during the contest year.
Where possible, these are available below.
- Neil Buswell (committee representative for Guildford) give his view on what teams can get out of entering the 12-Bell Contest. This first appeared as an article in the Ringing World on Friday 27th October 2017 (issue 5557, p. 1076).
- Tom Hinks (chief judge) discussed his plans for judging the contest in ‘How to Win: Judging a 12-Bell’. This first appeared in the Ringing World on Friday 10th March 2017 (issue 5524, p. 220-221).
- Michael O’Hagan (contest secretary) and Tim Peverett (contest chairman) published an article on preparations for the 2017 Contest. This first appeared in the Ringing World on Friday 24th February 2017 (issue 5522, p. 172-173).
- David Pipe (contest chairman) discussed the use of the Strikeometer in his article ‘Computers In Striking Competitions’
- Stephanie Warboys (contest chairman) summarised the contest’s development over its 30-year history. Reproduced here by kind permission of the author and the Editor of The Ringing World.